WIG CARE 101
How to Keep Your
Human Hair Wig
Step 1: Pre Wash Your Wig
- Give your human hair wig a conditioning treatment. Apply natural oils along the entire length using oils such as: Moroccan Argan Oil, Coconut Oil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Grape-Seed Oil for 30 minutes under a shower cap.
* Pro Tip: Apply heat for extra deep conditioning.
Step 2: Wash Your Wig
- Using a Moisturizing & sulfate-free Shampoo's & Conditioners. Wash your human hair after 8-12 wears. Carefully use your fingers to clean the scalp between the tracks. rinse thoroughly.
Step 3: Moisturize Your Wig
-Apply a Moisturizing Conditioner from the scalp base of the wig to the hair tips. Do not forget to apply extra conditioner to the ends. Allow the conditioner to sit for at least 10 to 20 minutes before rinsing. Use a wig comb or fingers to undo any tangles in the hair before cleaning.
Step 4: Condition Your Wig
- Using a Deep Conditioner, apply and let sit for at least 45 minutes or more. Use a shower cap & hair dryer to help trap in heat which aids in the conditioning process.Rinse thoroughly and be sure to squeeze out all excess water from your unit. Apply a wig moisturizer & leave-in-conditioner along the entire length of the wig. Apply extra moisturizer to the ends (these tend to be the most dry)
Step 5: Air-Dry Your Wig
- Simple as that! Do NOT brush your hand-tied unit while wet, this will cause breakage and damage on your delicate piece.
Step 6: Tips When You Sleep
- Use a silk or satin scarf at night. Scarves prevent human hair wigs from drying out on a cotton pillowcase. Alternatively, use silk or satin bed sheets and pillowcases or remove the unit before bedtime.
Wigs will require some amount of regular care and maintenance in order to maintain their original appearance. The needs of each piece are unique to the person and project, please ask us about the care and upkeep on your wig if you have questions. We are happy to help and it is far easier to keep a wig looking good with regular maintenance than to restore a neglected piece.
Wigs will need to be restyled periodically to maintain their appearance. We offer Re-styling and Maintenance services for a reasonable fee for all of our clients at any time. We invite you to email us with questions regarding wig maintenance.
All maintenance returns MUST be returned via UPS with a tracking number. Haus Of Anomali is not responsible for lost or damaged shipments.
We stand behind our work and our products but are not able to make guarantees about the lifespan of a wig nor do we offer any warranties. We are happy to offer advice, consultation, care instructions, repair and other assistance at any time to help ensure the long life of your Haus Of Anomali wig.